CSR India

BALCO concludes month-long celebration of World Quality Month


BALCO culminates World Quality Month celebration

The renowned Indian aluminium manufacturer Bharat Aluminium Company Limited (BALCO), a division of Vedanta Aluminium, observed World Quality Month throughout its operations by hosting a number of educational events for its workforce, business associates, and neighbourhood residents. The exercises aimed to increase their understanding of the value of quality and empower them to actively participate in creating a culture of quality that will endure.

Annually, organizations all across the world get together to celebrate World Quality Month and to reaffirm their commitment to prioritizing quality in all of their processes. Based on this year’s theme, “Quality Conscience: Doing the Right Thing,” BALCO organized a number of initiatives, including the Nukkad Natak, slogan writing contests, poster-making contests, photography contests, poetry contests, and holding rallies on the factory floor to ensure that best quality practices were being implemented at the ground level. In addition, school kids were included in the month-long quality awareness campaign to educate them on the value of guaranteeing quality in all areas of life and the steps that may be taken to do so.

“Quality is a vital component of all we do, and is the driving force behind our journey to operational excellence,” remarked Mr. Abhijit Pati, CEO & Director of BALCO, while discussing the company’s commitment to preserving quality throughout all of its operations. By continually empowering our personnel to adopt quality practices at benchmark levels, we at BALCO endeavour to enhance the quality of our processes and products. We seek to further develop our capacity to produce items that are the best in the industry through our excellence-driven activities.


BALCO’s exemplary performance at various chapter conventions on quality concepts in the year 2022, with 29 teams from the company participating in different conventions, attests to the organization’s committed efforts towards quality enhancement. In total, 4 teams won the Silver award, 17 teams received the Gold award, and 8 teams won the Super Gold Award. Additionally, at various chapter conventions, BALCO won top honours in Knowledge Tests and the Best Page Setting Award.

The renowned aluminium manufacturer in India is Bharat Aluminium Company Limited (BALCO). Vedanta Limited owns 51% of it, with the Indian government holding the remaining 49%. The largest aluminium producer in India, Vedanta Limited, includes BALCO as part of its Aluminium Business business. In Korba, Chhattisgarh, BALCO has a 0.57 million tonne per year aluminium smelter. It is a pioneer in the development of aluminium products with added value, which have vital uses in key sectors of the economy. The company accomplishes its mission of fostering new uses of aluminium as the “Metal of the Future” for a greener tomorrow with the help of its top-notch smelter and power plants.