Mumbai, June 26, 2023: RHI Magnesita India, the leading manufacturer and supplier of high-grade refractory products, systems and solutions, successfully took up 11 major projects under its Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives during the financial year 2022-23. The projects positively impacted lives of more than 100,000 vulnerable and underprivileged people in different parts of the country with focus on their inclusive growth and empowerment
RHI Magnesita strongly believes in the upliftment of the communities it lives and works with. The company’s sustainability initiatives are driven by the belief that as a responsible corporate, an organization must proactively commit to a more sustainable future by serving a larger societal purpose. As a market leader, RHI Magnesita India achieved 100% utilization of its CSR fund during FY 2022-23 through implementation of the projects, that are aimed at bringing positive changes in the communities it works with. The company has earmarked a CSR budget of INR 5.6 crore in FY23-24, up 14% from its budget for the previous year.
Expressing his views, Parmod Sagar – MD & CEO of RHI Magnesita India said, “At RHI Magnesita India, we seek to positively impact the communities in and around our plant operations, especially those regions where the backbone of our company – our workers – live and earn their livelihoods. Our unwavering commitment lies in enhancing the quality of healthcare, education, and infrastructure development in these areas, while also focusing on empowering women and children within these communities.”
RHI Magnesita India
RHI Magnesita India’s CSR activities are focused in the vicinity of the company operations, particularly Visakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh), Cuttack (Odisha), Bhiwadi (Rajasthan) and Delhi-NCR. The company promotes healthcare, education, infrastructure development and women empowerment in these targeted areas. About 51% of its CSR spend last year was dedicated for the implementation in the priority areas of Education and Health Care.
Sanjeev Bharadwaj – Head of CSR Executive Committee at RHI Magnesita India said, “At RHI Magnesita, we recognize the criticality of fostering strong and positive relationships with our host communities, given our significant role as a major employer in these areas. Since our sites are located in such diverse regions, it is paramount for us to understand the local context in order to effectively contribute to the overall socio-economic development. In this regard, we have implemented a comprehensive community investment program across key operational areas, actively seeking partnerships with NGOs and delivering projects. Each project that RHI Magnesita invests in, is designed to bring long-lasting social improvements. In this pursuit, our continuous commitment towards bringing a social change will further fortify these relationships, enabling us to generate enhanced impact and value within the communities where we operate.”
RHI Magnesita India CSR Projects 2022-23 Snapshot:
- In a village near Visakhapatnam, RHI Magnesita supports a local trust in running a health-care centre providing free services to more than 500 patients every month.
- Near Cuttack, construction of a 1.8 km cemented road is underway, that connects Damaka village with the National Highway benefitting 400 rural families.
- 700 families are getting safe drinking water supply every day from the two RO water plants at Venkatapuram and Bharinikam villages near Visakhapatnam.
- The construction of a hostel building at LV Prasad Eye Institute in Visakhapatnam is being funded to house eye-care trainees who service the underprivileged communities.
- For women and child safety, the company, in partnership with an NGO, has been running awareness campaigns in Alwar district covering more than 70,000 women and children so far.
- RHI Magnesita has regularly been providing free study materials to underprivileged students and supporting the rural schools with quality infrastructure at Venkatapuram Govt. School and T Sirasapalli Anganwadi near Visakhapatnam.
- In Cuttack, two new classrooms have been built in a rural high school benefitting 350 children from nearby villages.
- The company is supporting National Association for the Blind (NAB) in conducting breast cancer detection trainings for 5000 blind women from the slums of Delhi NCR.
- A public bus stand in Bhiwadi, that was in a dilapidated condition, has been renovated. It is also being used now for promoting girl child education.